250 Castle Lane West




Facebook circle blue small Mail black small Logo for website

Jingle Bell House

FAQs at Jingle Bell House Nursery


These are some of the questions we are frequently asked:


1. What do I need to provide for my child at nursery?

We would ask that you provide the following:

•  Formula milk (if necessary) in clearly labelled bottles.

•  Nappies, wipes and nappy sacks, if necessary, alternatively lots of pants.

•  Change of clothing.

•  Warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves in winter.

•  Sun hat and sun cream in summer.

•  Your child’s named nursery bag to keep everything in and to bring to nursery each session.


2.Do you accept child care vouchers?

Yes.  There are a number of different companies who offer this service so just let us know if you need any information from us for your particular provider.  Please ensure that any payments made through childcare vouchers have a reference of your child’s name.


3.Can I park at nursery?

Yes, we have a large forecourt in front of our building offering parking for parents, however at certain points in the day it can become very busy.


4.Will my child go outside?

Yes.  All our children are encouraged to go outside to play every day. Not only is this to promote good health and wellbeing but the garden offers a completely different learning environment.


5.Do we offer settling in sessions?

Yes, we offer two free settling in sessions.  The first is for one hour and we ask that you attend with your child so that we can get to know you too and so that you can help us to determine your child’s unique point of development.  The second session is for two hours and this time we would encourage you to leave your child with us so that he/she can begin to form the important relationship bonds with his/her keyworker and social group.  These sessions can be arrange at your convenience, prior to your child’s start date.


6.What happens if my child is ill?

Should your child become unwell whilst at nursery, we will call you for you to collect him/her if:

•  Your child has a temperature over 38 degrees

•  Your child vomits or has diarrhoea

•  Your child starts to develop an unexplained rash

•  Your child starts to develop signs of common infectious illnesses (see our Parent Pack for exclusion times)

We use information provided by Dorset and Somerset Health Protection Unit and their ‘Spotty Book’ that is designed for nurseries and schools.


7.Do you administer medication?

We can only administer prescribed medication that has a clear pharmacy label on it detailing your child’s name, the dosage and frequency.  We would also require you to complete one of our medication forms each day that your child requires medication, giving us permission to administer the medication to your child.  Antibiotics must be administered at home for 24 hours prior to your child returning to nursery where we will complete the course as necessary.  We do not give medication as a preventative.  Please take in to consideration other children and staff before you send your child to us if they have been unwell. Thank you.


8.Are all the staff qualified?

The majority of our staff are a minimum of level 3 qualified.  Those who are not officially qualified are either undertaking recognised childcare qualifications or have experience of childcare with their own children and grandchildren.  All our staff are trained in safeguarding, food hygiene and paediatric first aid.  In addition, they all hold an Enhanced DBS check and complete a 6 month probationary period.


9.How do I claim funding?

All 3 and 4 year old children become eligible for government funding the term after their 3rd birthday.  At the appropriate time, we will provide you with a form to fill in with details of your claim which we then submit to the council on your behalf.


10.What if my child has an accident at nursery?

In the event of an accident, the nearest First Aider would administer appropriate first aid.  However, should the accident be of a more serious nature, a senior member of staff would be called to decide on further action to be taken and the parent/carer informed immediately.  In the case of head injuries causing concern, you will be informed by telephone.  All accidents/incidents are recorded and kept on file and are to be signed by the parent/carer on collection.


If your child is injured at home and comes in with a bump or a scrape, then we do require you to fill in a ‘Pre-Injury’ form.  This is so that we are aware of the injury and any care that might be required.